Trying to eat low carb is easier said than done, especially if you have a sweet tooth like me. I tend to crave sugar in the late afternoons and evenings, and I’m not always disciplined enough to stay away from it.
Fortunately, I’ve discovered a secret to making easy and guilt-free desserts and treats that last all week– Sugar Free Jell-O!! Both the gelatin and the pudding. And, they come in so many different flavors, you can make something new and exciting every week.
Here is a round-up of my favorite Low Carb desserts using sugar-free Jell-O. I’m certain you’ll find something that will satisfy that relentless sweet tooth!
1. LOW CARB BLENDER SHERBET
This delicious and easy cold treat will make you feel like you’re cheating, but it has less than 1 carb and is unbelievably low in calories.
- 1 (3 ounce) box sugar-free gelatin (any flavor)
- 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup ice cold water
- about 1.5 cups ice
- Pour the dry gelatin into a medium size bowl.
- Add 1/3 cup boiling water and stir until the gelatin is well dissolved.
- Add 1/3 cup of very cold water and 1 tbsp of heavy whipping cream, and stir.
- Place 1.5 cups of ice into a good quality blender and pour the gelatin mixture over the ice.
- Blend until smooth and serve immediately.
Feel free to add a dash of low carb sweetener, vanilla extract, frozen berries or other flavorings depending on the gelatin you choose.